1. Congrats to Chinonye Chukwu for being the first black woman to win the Grand Jury Prize at Sundance.
2. Former NFL player Martellus Bennett published Dear Black Boy, a book about encouraging young boys to dream outside of their stereotypes.
3. Justice Melody Stewart made history as the first black woman to be sworn into the Ohio Supreme Court.
4. Cicely Tyson graced the cover of Time Magazine’s Optimists Issue.
5. Congrats to Marsai Martin for being the youngest person to get a first-look deal with a major studio!
6. Angie Thomas released her much-anticipated second novel!
7. Congrats to the cast and crew of Grown-ish for being renewed for a third season!
8. Speaking of Grown-ish, congrats to Chloe x Halle for gracing the cover of Essence magazine!
9. And finally, congrats to actors Indya Moore and Jharrel Jerome, and comedian Jaboukie Young-White for being in Teen Vogue’s Young Hollywood Class of 2019!
What. An. Amazing. Week! Come back next week for more #amazingcontent.
H/T to BecauseOfThemWeCan