1. First, Dwight and Mose from The Office almost got their own spinoff called The Farm. The show would’ve followed the Schrutes running a bed and breakfast at their beet farm.
2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s Giles almost got his own TV series called Ripper. The series was going to show Giles’s life in England prior to becoming a Watcher.
3. Supernatural was close to having a spinoff called Wayward Sisters. The series was set to follow Sheriff Jody Mills and a group of orphaned girls who join forces to fight monsters.
4. Jess Mariano from Gilmore Girls almost got his own series called Windward Circle. The show would’ve focused on Jess’s new life in California after reuniting with his dad.
5. Originally, there were plans for a Mad Men spinoff that would’ve focused on Sally Draper’s life in the present day.
6. There were also talks to give Peggy Olson her own TV series, especially after she became wildly popular with fans.
7. The Simpsons almost had a live-action spinoff that would’ve focused on Krusty the Clown.
8. Jack and Karen from Will & Grace almost had their own TV show that would’ve aired after the original series ended.
9. Originally, there were plans for a Doctor Who spinoff called Rose Tyler: Earth Defense, which would’ve focused on Rose’s work with Torchwood.
10. Gossip Girl was originally supposed to have a spinoff called Valley Girls. Set in the ’80s, the series would’ve focused on Lily’s life growing up in LA.
11. This Is Us star Justin Hartley almost starred in the Smallville spinoff, Metropolis. The series would’ve followed the lives of Hartley’s Oliver Queen and Lois Lane.
12. Sabrina the Teenage Witch almost had a spinoff called Witchright Hall. The series would’ve followed Sabrina’s cousin, Amanda, attending a magical boarding school.
13. Norm and Cliff almost got their own Cheers TV show — in fact, the creators were approached multiple times to create it.
14. Originally, David Lynch wanted to do a TV show that focused on Audrey from Twin Peaks — in fact, his original idea for the series became the basis for Mulholland Drive.
15. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. almost had a spinoff called Marvel’s Most Wanted. The series was set to follow Bobbi Morse and Lance Hunter.
16. Clarissa from Clarissa Explains It All almost got a spinoff called Clarissa Now. The series was set to follow Clarissa’s time as an intern at a newspaper.
17. The Nanny almost had a spinoff called Chatterbox. The series would’ve followed Fran’s friend who gets hired at her favorite hair salon.
18. Jackie Chiles, Kramer’s lawyer on Seinfeld, almost had his own TV series. The series would’ve followed Jackie’s struggles after being hired at an all-white firm.
19. And finally, How I Met Your Mother was supposed to have a spinoff called How I Met Your Dad. The series would’ve revolved around a different group of friends who hang out at MacLaren’s Pub.