1. That you were oh-so-cool ’cause you purposely showed some whale tail at school.
2. That the hair scrunchie you wore to give you a messy bun looked like your real hair.
3. That you were passing off your fake Takashi Murakami Louis Vuitton bag as a real one.
4. That there was no such thing as too much lip gloss.
5. Or that there was no such thing as too much mascara.
6. That you were a badass for wearing Playboy Bunny jewelry.
7. That Carrie was the best character on Sex and the City.
8. That wearing these cotton gaucho pants…
9. …with these platform flip-flops…
10. …or these mesh slippers was a dressy look that you could wear anywhere.
11. That chunky highlights looked great.
12. That it was deep if you left super-emo lyrics on your AIM away status.
13. That super-low-rise jeans were the best.
14. Or that jeans with no pockets looked way better.
15. That Mango Sours Altoids were the greatest Altoids ever.
16. That green, teal, and purple ketchup were cool ideas.
17. That small ponchos were a cute and easy look to pull off.
18. Or that you were pulling off wearing a dress over jeans.
19. That wearing some body bling, like a flashy crystal tattoo, made you look like MONEY.
20. That wearing short skirts and Uggs looked on point.
21. That these platform sneakers were comfy.
22. That nobody could see your clear bra straps.
23. That a tiny purse that rode up right under your armpit was the be-all of purses:
24. That wearing graphic tees with funny slogans or sexual innuendos written on them was LOL.
25. That Justin Timberlake was a better singer than JC Chasez.
26. That McSalad Shakers were a cool and easy way to eat a salad on the run.
27. That the Dollz you created looked like you.
28. That you could pull off rhinestoned bandanas.
29. That self-tanner gave you a natural glow.
30. That getting a little color from the tanning salon was good for you.
31. That creating a fake Myspace or LiveJournal profile to stalk a crush or frenemy was something nobody did, and it was a dark secret you had to keep.
32. That bedazzled flip phones were the coolest.
33. That Abercrombie & Fitch was not that pricey and you didn’t understand why your parents bitched at you for asking for stuff from there.
34. That these were worth wearing, even if they were uncomfortable AF.
35. That having an X-rated email address was so risqué.
36. That Pepsi Blue was the best flavor.
37. That mirror selfies looked very cool and ~edgy~.
38. That texting or typing like this on AIM looked so cool.
39. That layering your body sprays gave you a beautiful and unique scent.
40. And finally, that velour tracksuits looked chic AF and could be worn almost everywhere.