1. Tejano superstar Selena loved Whataburger. Visitors to her monument in Corpus Chirsti routinely leave flowers and Whataburger meals.
2. Orders can be customized 36,864 ways.
3. There is a smaller chain of restaurants called What-A-Burger that’s based out of Virginia.
4. Whataburger has a secret menu.
5. The numbers that come with each dine-in Whataburger meal are a tribute to the company’s original A-frame design.
6. In 1950 a Whataburger cost 25 cents. That was considered expensive compared with McDonald’s 15-cent offering.
8. You can buy merchandise dedicated to its famous ketchup.
9. The ketchup even has its own conspiracy theory.
10. The franchise has made a few appearances in Kill of the Hill.
11. It is also one of the only fast food restaurants to sell its ketchup in grocery stores.
12. A banner bearing Whataburger’s Flying W logo has been carried to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro.
13. Contrary to popular belief Whataburger was the first fast food restaurant to use quarter-pound beef patties.
14. Whatburger has its own version of the Olympics, called “Whatagames.”
15. According to the nutrition facts, you’re better off getting a green chile double than a large sweet tea.
16. Austin couple Cheri Horner and Nicole Jensen love Whataburger so much that this past Halloween they decorated their entire home in a Whataburger theme.
17. One astronaut once requested that a Whataburger accompany him on the space shuttle.
18. There is an actual Whataburger University.
19. Whataburger matriarch Grace Dobson became chairwoman of the board in 1969. This made her one of the first female head chairs of a top 50 fast food restaurant in the U.S.
20. Whataburger allows horses in the parking lot and drive-thru.
21. A man once drove13 miles in a farm tractor to get Whataburger for him and his neighbors trapped by flood waters.
22. The Whataburger flagship store is located on the bay in Corpus Christi, Texas. It is over 6,000 square feet and has a small shop, elevator, and mural inside.
23. People have made such a habit of stealing order numbers that one police department had to issue a warning.
24. On Valentine’s Day 1996, 24 couples got married at a Whataburger in Dallas.
25. One couple loved the restaurant so much they had a Whataburger themed wedding.
26. Another couple celebrated their golden wedding anniversary there.
27. Whataburger homecoming mums are a thing.
28. Founder Harmon Dobson had quite an eventful life before he started the company.
29. William H. Bassett, the gritty voice over actor from the famous Whataburger commercials, is actually from Ohio.
30. In coastal regions, Whataburger offers tracking maps for hurricanes and tropical storms.
31. One super fan got his entire room decked out in Whataburger decor.
32. Although they were discontinued in 1973, 15 A-frame restaurants are still in operation.