1. The best pizza in the world is from New Haven, hands down.
2. Growing up, there was nothing more exciting in the world than a field trip to the Mystic Aquarium…
3. …or the Pequot Museum…
4. …OR a trip to Lake Compounce. WIN!
5. Even though Connecticut is called the Nutmeg State, you’ve probably literally never seen a nutmeg in your entire life.
6. Starbucks is a coffee chain, but Dunkin’ is a way of life.
7. Also, even before the name change, it wasn’t Dunkin’ Donuts. Just Dunkin’.
8. Half the state is Yankees fans, and half roots for the Red Sox.
9. The Huskies men are fun to watch, but the women are where the real action is.
10. Winter can be a frozen hellscape, but also stunning at the same time…
11. …fall is gorgeously breathtaking…
12. …and summer is muggy and hotter than hell.
13. Driving on 95 is like real-life Mario Kart, except you’re actually trying to not die.
14. The Merritt is gorgeous, but also they’re always doing construction for some reason, so it can be the bane of your existence.
15. And Metro-North is just a necessary evil.
16. Even if you weren’t alive when they played in Hartford, you STILL miss the Whalers.
17. Nothing, NOTHING beats soft serve from Stew Leonard’s, where the customer is always right.
18. When you turned 21, a trip to Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun was a MUST.
19. Everyone who ISN’T from Connecticut automatically thinks you’re preppy, even when that’s not the case.
20. Unless you’re from Fairfield County, the land of polo shirts, in which case that assumption is very true.
21. And finally, even if you’ve left, Connecticut will ALWAYS be home.