1. Whenever you tell anyone you’re a vegan, you’re sure to be flooded with about a million comments, questions, and suggestions.
2. Lots of people automatically assume you survive on a bland diet of carrots, lettuce, and celery.
3. You’re pretty much always being lectured on why you “need meat”
4. Which means you often find yourself having to explain yourself.
5. But when you defend yourself, you run the risk of getting labelled as that friend who won’t shut up about veganism.
6. Fresh foods are a staple, and it’s always a race against time to eat everything within the window of ripeness.
7. You’ve probably been called difficult for suggesting that you and your friends eat at a vegan-friendly restaurant…
8. …But no one really understands the pain of going out to a fancy restaurant and only being able to eat a salad.
9. If you live in a small town, you dream of vegan grocery stores instead of the tiny frozen section at your local supermarket.
10. And every so often you find yourself craving a non-vegan food that just doesn’t have a decent alternative.
11. Unless you want to run the risk of spending a day eating lettuce leaves, you have to bring your own food all the events you go to.
12. And if there is vegan catering, you have to get there fast before all the non-vegans help themselves.
13. This is almost as bad as seeing your vegan meal being cooked in the same place as meat.
14. Spontaneous junk food binges are kind of hard to come by.
15. And sometimes, you come across foods that should be vegan, but for some reason, there’s a random dairy product thrown in.
16. You’ve probably been served a gluten-free meal as a vegan alternative once or twice.
17. And you really have to keep your eyes on your barista to make sure your coffee is strictly almond milk.
18. Watching nature shows is always a struggle — you feel sorry for the prey, but you don’t want the predator to starve either!
19. And finally, you know you can’t go wrong with spinach, but every time you cook it you ask yourself: “Why does it go so small?!”
Looking for a bit of vegan decadence? Check out Ben & Jerry’s new dairy-free ice cream flavours: it’s the Ben & Jerry’s you know and love, but without the cow!