1. There’s a parasite named after Shakira that makes its host shake its hips vigorously.
2. There’s a “bootylicious” horse fly named after Beyoncé.
3. Bono has a spider named after him and a famous U2 album.
4. A scientist and Brad Pitt fan named a wasp after him when it was discovered.
5. There’s a marine spider that gets its name after Bob Marley and one of his famous songs.
6. Gaga ferns are an entire genus of ferns named after Lady Gaga.
7. Four different species of damselfly are named after the members of Queen.
8. Elton John has a species of crustacean named after his character in Tommy.
9. Maguimithrax is an entire genus of crab named after Tobey Maguire.
10. There’s a wasp named after Metallica because its behavior reminded researchers of a specific album.
11. Radiohead got an ant named after them because of their conservation efforts (and good music).
12. There’s a genus of spider so unique and complex that it was named after Pink Floyd.
13. Stephen Colbert wanted something cool named after him, and now he’s name-twins with a diving beetle.
14. There’s a species of beetle that’s leg muscles are so big, it was named after Arnold Schwarzenegger.
15. There’s a fly named after Charlie Chaplin because of its position when it dies.
16. The author of Jaws has his own shark named after him.
17. There’s a species of lichen named after Dolly Parton because they share a hometown.
18. And Daft Punk has a flatworm named after them because the flatworm’s penis resembles Daft Punk’s helmets.