At New York Comic Con this year, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina gave fans a first look at the series during the “Netflix and Chills” panel. Here’s what we learned about the dark reboot of the ’90s sitcom:
1. First, the Salem the talking cat you know from the Melissa Joan Hart series is completely different from the Salem in Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
2. There are three cats who take on the role of Salem: Shack, Boomer, and Edward.
3. Chance Perdomo, who plays Ambrose, originally auditioned for Jughead in Riverdale.
4. Chance is also extremely excited to bring a pansexual character to the Sabrina world.
5. Kiernan Shipka is surprised Chilling Adventures of Sabrina already has so many fans, especially since the show hasn’t even premiered yet.
6. In fact, Kiernan says that knowing the fans of Riverdale, she had a feeling they would love Sabrina.
7. For those wondering about Ambrose and Sabrina’s friendship. Chance Perdomo describes Ambrose as “Alfred to Sabrina’s Batman.”
8. Without spoiling too much, Ross Lynch says it’s hard to describe Harvey in this iteration of Sabrina.
9. But, Kiernan Shipka assures fans that Harvey is a “really good boyfriend.”
10. Miranda Otto, who plays Zelda Spellman, says that Zelda is very much the controlling aunt.
11. Michelle Gomez, who plays Madam Satan, says that it’s a joy to work with such rich source material and that her character is more than just evil.
12. And finally, a Riverdale and Chilling Adventures crossover is not out of the question!
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina premieres on Netflix on Oct. 26!