Everybody knows the benefits of meal prepping: It makes healthy eating easier, it’s cost effective, and it’s an investment in yourself — but it also takes time.
We rounded up 12 of our favorite time-saving meal prep tips, so even the busiest of people can fit it into their schedules.
1. Write a weekly grocery list and only make one trip.
2. Cook several things at once by dividing your sheet pan using foil.
3. Buy a slow cooker and prep yourself some dump dinners.
4. Don’t be ashamed of splurging on shortcut ingredients if you feel like they’re worth it.
5. Cook just a handful of items, but combine them in exciting ways so you don’t get bored.
6. Limit yourself to meal prepping only one day a week — and aim to keep your daily cooking under 20 minutes…
7. But if you’re someone who needs to cook dinner every night, meal prep just the components to make it easy.
8. Freeze any leftover prep for the following week instead of throwing it away.
9. Invest in a vacuum sealer so you can meal prep big batches of foods and freeze them.
10. Fill your freezer with homemade frozen meals so you can come home to something healthy and delicious after a long day.
11. If you’re a smoothie lover, freeze individual smoothie packs so all you have to do is blend them up in the morning.
12. Instead of making individual portions of oatmeal everyday, make a big batch of baked oatmeal — or make overnight oats.
Looking for more healthy cooking inspiration? Check out these posts: