At New York Comic Con this year, The Walking Dead not only said goodbye to Andrew Lincoln, but the series gave fans an idea about what to expect this season. Here’s what we learned about the re-imagined TWD:
Warning: Spoilers for Season 8 of The Walking Dead ahead!
1. First, Season 9 is basically getting back to basics.
2. Jon Bernthal, Scott Wilson, and Sonequa Martin-Green will all be appearing at some point during Andrew Lincoln’s final episodes.
3. Season 9 will truly be a love letter to everything Rick Grimes and Andrew Lincoln have given the series.
4. Michonne will take on an even bigger role this season.
5. In terms of Rick and Michonne, the 18 month time jump will have a big impact on their relationship.
6. In fact, Michonne will take with her the sense of community that Rick instilled in her.
7. Melissa McBride teased that Carol will get to have some scenes with characters she hasn’t been with in a while.
8. With Negan captured by Rick Grimes, we’ll see a different side of him this time time around.
9. In fact, Carol, Daryl, and Michonne will take on a bigger leadership role in the series now that Rick is leaving.
10. And finally, while Rick Grimes will leave the series in some way, his presence will still be felt.
The Walking Dead Season 9 premieres Sunday Oct. 7 at 9/8c.